Thursday 25 September 2014

Raspberry and banana trifle


A few weeks ago we celebrated a family birthday. We had a festive breakfast with lots of nice things. I decided to make something that wasn’t only gluten-, dairy- and sugar- free but would also taste great so that everyone could enjoy it! At first I wanted to do a simple fruit salad as that is always a big hit with my family. But then I decided I would spice things up and do something totally different. I did want to use fruit though. I decided to go with raspberries and banana and go from there. I like having yoghurt in the morning and I like something crunchy in my yoghurt. That’s when I thought of a trifle! This recipe combines the fruit, crunchy biscuits and yoghurt. It was a big success and there was nothing left after breakfast!
 


 

Recipe for 4 people
 
200 g gluten free plain biscuits (I used Dr. Schar’s butterkeks)
300 g raspberries
2 bananas
500 g plain soy yoghurt
50 g whole linseed
 
Place the biscuits in a Ziploc bag. Roll over the bag with a rolling pin until the biscuits have formed crumbs.
♥ Chop up the banana into neat slices.
♥ Put half of the raspberries in a bowl and mash these up with a fork.
♥ Take a pretty glass (I used whisky glasses) and start with a layer of the raspberry sauce, then add the biscuit crumbs and banana and finish of with the soy yoghurt. Repeat this to form a second layer.
♥ Garnish the trifle with some banana slices, raspberries and linseed.

No comments:

Post a Comment