Thursday 26 November 2015

Easy babyblanket


I have been wanting to make a babyblanket for ages, so when my friend told me she was pregnant I knew straight away what I was making her! This blanket is super-super easy, and can be made in a day. I choose a pretty 100% cotton fabric which would be the front of the blanket and some fleece fabric for the back. I then looked up the measurements for a baby blanket online and cut both of the fabric to size, allowing a 1 cm seam allowance. With right sides facing, machine stitch the sides of the fabrics together leaving a small gap. Once the sides are al stitched up (except the gap) turn the blanket inside out through the gap so that the right sides appear. Iron the blanket and neaten up the gap by ironing the sides in. Machine or hand stitch the gap so that there are no holes left in the sides of the blanket. I finished the blanket of by sewing some bias band round the edges and adding a sweet 'made with love' label.



No comments:

Post a Comment